Friday, January 06, 2006

NuOvO Spirit

This new year, my playlist seems to have taken a liking to Electronica/Dance music. I'd liked Euro-pop when I was in my early teens(like most teens, right?) and I think that taste gradually grew more... sophisticated. Now I LOVE listening to Frou Frou, Moby, B-Tribe, DJ Krush, IO, William Orbit, Faithless, Olive, Moodswings, dZihan & Kamien to name a few. Smile by Olive and Psychobabble by Frou Frou are a must-hear for anyone who'd like to venture into this Ambient, relaxing anf at times, foot-tapping world.


My recent roadtrip to Florida also added a whole lot of genres. I knew I liked listening to Latino, Indian, NZian, Cambodian, Arabic music... but nah-uh, more was to come. Friends I travelled with carried CDs filled with S. African, Turkish and S. American artists. And... WOW! I got a whole new Ethnic playlist ready and playing throughout the trip. Outlandish (Aisha), Amr Diab (Habibi Ya Nour El Ain), Viva (Jaago Zaraa), Strings (Yeh hai meri kahani and Door), Lucky Ali (O Sanam), MIA (Pull Up the People), India (w/ Marc Anthony) and a few other latin singers I can't remember right now. THIS is what people have in mind when they're thinking how to spice up the dance floor. So rock on this new year with something different 'n good spirits~!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm...well yes...twas the same with most teens..if u mean that early-mid 90s dance boom..coco jumbo, tubthumping..etc

and oh yea!! STRINGS ROCK!!! u kno what? theyre actually a pakistani band. awesome music..n yep 'zinda' is actually the soundtrack from the movie Zinda..gr8 lyrics.
Same for Lucky Ali...unique voice n nice composition.

--Dreamer.

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home