Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Wake Up to Jem's "24"

"In 24 hours they'll be laying flowers on my life, it's over tonight... I'm not messing..."

Who: Jem Griffith
When: Released in March 2005
What: Finally Woken, a solid debut album

This song, 24 by Jem is one of those songs you can listen to when you need some motivation to DO something, right then and there. I'm not big when it comes to lyrics with Jem's songs, but her soulful voice and the earnesty in her voice that truely bounces on one's musical vibe... is amazing. 24 has a 'I'm-free-from-you' feel to it and reminds me of the type of music someone might listen to after a recent break-up. Don't know why... but I just do! But, I've always liked eletric guitars and strings. The same would go for They, but it has a slight church-like tune to it. Falling For You is another good song, which I got to listen and download from a friend. The lyrics of this song actually rang true and that's why I decided to share my interest in this new British artist's songs. The cautiousness and skeptism people have around people they like is put so well in this song, that it reminds you of Dido's White Flag. She DOES sound a lot like Dido, but with a youthful and more sprighty debut album. I haven't heard the rest of the songs on her album, but the tiny clips of what I did on Amazon show promise. She's burning up the charts around the globe and kudos to her for such music. You might like her if you can put together Dido, Evanescence, Beth Orten and Sarah McLachlan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home