Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Back to Bedlam indeed

Who:James Blunt
When: Released May 2005
What: Top-selling debut album of 2005 in the UK

I heard You're Beautiful by James Blunt a few times on one of the MSN radio stations and it was the guitar being played that caught my attention. Of course, I couldn't wait to have it on my playlist and downloaded it - now I can't get enough of it! Its so... pure, heartfelt and comes straight from the heart of a sensitive person, its pure bliss to listen to such a song. Blunt's voice is very similar to Damien Rice, who's debut single sold out the most in 2004. The same seems to be happening to James Blunt's single Back to Bedlam this year. He's extremely talented, CAN sing and it shows in his lyrics, which are inspired from his years as a British army captain, peacekeeper in Kosovo and guard at the Buckingham Palace. No Bravery has a emotional punch to it, with a lot of strong songwriting and producing. Wiseman is another favorite of mine and is by far, the best song sung by him. He IS the "modern musical hero" with a lot of depth and emotion in all his songs. Definitely worth listening to if you liked Damien Rice, Anna Nalick, Keane, Jack Johnson and to an extent, Coldplay.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Divine Distinction said...

Hey 3ngin33r...

Nice blogs....

I also love James Blunt's You're Beautiful, though I heard it a lil bit late. I heard it for the 1st time when I was watching Smallville seas 5 episode 12... I loved it instantly... the music was good, the lyric was great.....

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home